Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Alterac Valley

15 seconds until resurrection.

The Horde control a graveyard just across from our last outpost. They swarm as a, well as a horde. The bridge itself if a madhouse of blood and carnage. If I can get across that bridge and recapture that graveyard, the alliance will have it's victory. If no one does, our defeat is almost guaranteed.

resurrection

My first path is a straight run down our bases main road.
Undead warrior on my right
Polymorph!
Sheep on my right, sucker.

I run further, leaving my wool laden foe behind me. I come up to the bridge. This is where the real problems begin.

Perception
Perception cooldown, 2 minutes remain.
Just as I use perception I see an undead rogue behind me. In 3 seconds he's going to ambush me, and probably kill me.
Ice Block
Ice block cooldown, 5 minutes remaining. I'll probably be dead by then
Just as he swings I encase myself in a protective barrier of ice. I'm completely invincible while I'm in this state. I can't move, but that's not the point. He abandons me to move onto one of my teammates. Ice block wears off, I still have 9/10s of the bride to go.

A lot, a lot of horde on my right, a giant chasm on my left.
Frost Nova
Frost Nova Cooldown, 15 seconds remain
The horde are frozen in place. Most of them, One shaman breaks through and comes for me. He's at 80% of his health.
14 seconds remaining
Blaze

50%
Cone of Cold
20%
13 seconds remaining

I jump off the bridge. He follows.
I cast Slow Fall
He just falls.
Splat.
0%

10 seconds remaining

I majestically glide to the ground below me. Summon my black stallion and charge uphill, I'll attack the graveyard the back way.
I crest the hill.
Five Seconds remaining
4 tauren NPC guards are on the flag, and one Orcish warrior. If I capture that flag we win.
Polymorph
4 Tauren NPC guards and a sheep. I love that spell. The Taurens don't, they charge.
Cone of Cold
They charge much more slowly, not frozen in place but deeply chilled. If they reach me I'm dead. I may have magic powers, but I'm also a guy wearing purple robes. Magic purple robes, but robes nonetheless. They're 8 foot tall Minotaur people with equally oversized Axes. I'd make a phallic symbol joke here, but I'm running for my life.
Four seconds remaining

Running

Three seconds

They're getting closer

Two seconds

Cone of cold's chill effect wears off, I'm doomed.

One Second

OH DAMN!

FROST NOVA

YES!!! I circle around my frozen pursuers, and head for the flag. I grab it.

Now I just have to hold it for 30 seconds. Oh right, I forgot about that bit. The people on the bridge, who are 2 seconds walk away from me didn't. I cringe as my screen lights up with no end of various forms of fiery doom. It was a good try.

15 Seconds until resurrection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home