Monday, September 26, 2005

09-26-05

Today was all exploring. I got up and headed out to see where exactly my most recent jump into oblivion had landed me.

My first reaction was to be amazed at the number of apartments on the main University drag, but once I took a right and moved one block west to the actual "Ave" as it is known, things became much clearer.

A few random musings on the "Ave"

Population density declines dramatically as you draw further from campus, but the stores do not end. I walked on the order of ten blocks and at the point where I crossed the street and turned around stores were still visible as far as I could see further down the street.

Also! And this is a particularly interesting bit, the stores become more and more practical and less and less indulgence based the further you go from campus. Blocks one through three have no less then five smoke shops and three liquor stores amongst any other assortment of boutiques theatres and restaurants. The first, and only that I've found thus far, grocery store is on block seven. The hardware store is on block nine.

Despite the ever cynical nature of my musing I have found that there are enough shops to satisfy my needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home