Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Culinary Musings

Someone trashed the kitchen.

To understand why that’s important you must first understand that in my short time here the kitchen has become in a very significant way my domain. I cook the most, and the intoxicating aromas of my culinary dabbling have earned me a bit of a reputation as a chef.

“Hey that’s Max. I see him cooking a lot, he’s pretty good.”

Then someone trashed the kitchen

It made me sad. Not in the immediate sense that my kitchen had been trashed, but because it reminded me of Schadenfraud and of the harsh fact that in mankind’s eternal quest for happiness we often cast off our most terrible burden, that of our own consciousness, and in doing so we may also cast off our morality.

Is it really such a noble goal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home