Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Comics

I realized about 3/4 of the way through that this post dosn't have a point. This blog is also a record for myself, and this one is purely for my own notes in the grand study of me. If you're looking for actual content go elsewhere.

I'm here today to talk to you about comics. I read a lot of them, mostly on the internet, and none of them mainstream. I don't have any illusions about being cool or artistically superior because the comics I read are indie, or underground, or what have you, I simply enjoy them more.

More imporantly I'm here to talk about my favorite artist. He's an utterly insane man known as Johanen Vasquez. I think I may actually own all of his printed work now, there isn't much of it so it's pretty easy, but I nonetheless own it all.

The key thing to know about Vasquez is that he's a 1% artist. 10% of people will be able to tolerate the abundance of utterly insane violence and see that it's all done as a means to be obviously over the top rediculous, and 10% of people will find him funny, so only 1% of people will actually enjoy it. I happen to be one of those 1%. I'd predict that most of the people who read this, those of whom are in my family anyway, would be repulsed by it.

The Best example of this is fillerbunny. It's a truely horrible work of comedic genius. I actually spent the last hour reading 15 pages of it because I was forced to spend large amounts of time just laughing.

Once again, you'd probably think it was horrible and that I'm a sick sick person for enjoying i.

I just forgot what my point was, but great guy, good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home