Monday, March 20, 2006

The Wanderer

The following is the things I wrote while wandering. A line break means that time has passed. I wrote my thoughts periodically from time to time.

I got at 7th and pine; I was now officially in a state of first degree lost. That was my plan but I had made sure to bring enough money for cab fare all the same. I walked a block south to the Westlake center, it was a mall. No, not a mall, a “Shopping Center” It was a mall meant for people who spent a lot of money on appearances. Normal people, Normies. I left the place as soon as I saw the Hot Topic.

I wandered my way out of the place pausing to reflect on the fact that an escalator that goes down doesn’t escalate, and that I had taken stairs up two floors and reverse escalator down two floors. Outside was more in the same flavor. Old navy, starbucks, Nordstrom’s, Starbucks, Macys, The Gap, and another starbucks. It repulsed me; this must be how drow feel about sunlight.

Let me illustrate this. I took this picture

then I turned 180 degrees and took this picture

I did not move from the spot, only turned around.

I follow a parking garage into another shopping center. I must be a masochist. I see a sign that says turn back, but I do not heed it.

The Music inside is designed to placate and subvert. If you replaced the word customer with the word supplicant on all of the faux courtesy signs you’d get a clearer image of their intent. The presence of an EB games is a harsh reminder that spike TV has given my culture to the Normies.

I escalate to the heart of this great abomination of commerce. Everything is scented, brand named, and over priced. The great shame is that the center itself has a cool design. A tower, escalators on opposed sides spiraling up and down. It’s so grand in its design, but then they fill it with this…

I climb to the heights of the spire. I find the treasure I was promised. God Bless AMC and their many many screens. I need to be back here in two hours.

I wander the streets again. I’ve noticed and inclination to walk downhill so I intentionally walk uphill from here on. One block is a sea of temptation. Steakhouse, Cheesecake, Game works. I leave behind the accursed block. I see an interesting sign.
”Optical illusions”
Cool, a magic shop. It’s a damn optometrist. Bastards. I wander on…

Either my seat in the theatre is broken or it reclines more then I thought. The guy who checked my ticked also sold me my drink, he does everything around here. I can’t see the lines on my notebook anymore; they’ve turned down the house lights. I should probably (something illegible, I think it’s “Stop writing”) Lucky number sleven looks good. Morgan freeman could sell me anything.

V for Vendetta is a great movie

I’ve figured out how starbucks works in downtown Seattle. It’s all about availability. If you start at any point in downtown Seattle, turn in a random direction, and walk a block, you’ll be within one block of a starbucks. This is also true if you started at a starbucks. It’s also highly possible that it would remain true if you added up and down to possible directions.

I just missed my bus. I also must look like a nutjob. My wardrobe is a mockery of the New York all black sheik; I like to refer to it as “Black on Black Violence.” I’m constantly looking around and muttering to myself. I periodically pull out a camera and take several pictures of only one thing. And what’s probably worst of all I keep writing in a notebook I pull out of my vest with an appropriately over dark black pen. There’s probably a reason people like me are usually on out at night, but I enjoy the daytime now as well. The skyscrapers hide the sun and shift and amplify the wind. Mans greatest constructions have created a windy overcast world. They’ve ruined what they sought and delivered unto me a playground. Hey my Bus.

Did I really write “Hey My Bus?” I’ve gone totally mad.

Hey this bus goes all the way up to Safeway.

Those neutral people make some good cake rolls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home