Saturday, March 18, 2006

Waking Max

Kevin left today

I had the idea that I would get up early and say goodbye, do the basic good friend thing, but I slept through it. I’ve slept through so many important moments in my life. He was the last of the constants too. This next quarter isn’t looking to be so great, no more Kevin, new roommate. My mind wanders.

Zaftig are you AFK or something?

Or right, I was playing D&D online. Sigh, another hour of my life lost to killing kobolds. So many kobolds die, and more always come. I miss people. I miss Kevin, but I also miss Hannah and Ted and Shlomo and Andrew and Yoni and Stephen and Julius and Brendan. I need to go to Safeway. I miss a lot of them, and it’s half my fault. I haven’t done much in terms of keeping in touch. It seems that I may have lost nearly all of the constants in my life.

”Spare some change?”

He’s back? My life is always so well dramatically timed. It’s eerie. I need many things. I end up buying a huge number of cans and boxes because they’re available ten for ten dollars. I don’t need ten, I don’t even really have room for ten, but I surrender myself to savings. I think about meals I plan on making during the week. I should re-open the bistro for everyone who is here over spring break. I’d have to put fliers on ever floor, not enough people are here on this floor to make a good sale. I’m not sure I want to do that, my recluse is opposed to the idea of putting up that many fliers and of breaching the floor barrier. Weren’t we at war with the other floors earlier? It’s something we’d have to do to survive anyway.

Someone took all the pesto.

Who would buy out that much pesto? Is it clear to the back? It is. Damn. Who could possibly enjoy Pesto that much? Someone like me. I hate people like me, they’re cramping my style. I was doing the me thing way before they were. Speaking of things that I hate, I’m opposed to some pop jerk singing old Disney songs over the P.A. system at Safeway. Both because I’m not a big fan of old Disney songs, and as part of the Maxonian Movement against some pop jerk. There’s too many hot pocket boxes in the cart. They’re 6 for $10. Oh damn, did I pickup 10 instead of 6. No, ok. More vegetables. Potatoes, hmm. 2 for a dollar, that’s not too bad. Oh wait, two pounds for a dollar. Wow, potatoes are cheap. He he, remember that scene from lord of the rings? Anyway… Cantaloupe sounds good. Hmm… I don’t really know how to judge a cantaloupe. Well, this one doesn’t seem evil in any way, let’s get it.

Food groups, Sound off

Starches!
Meat!
Dairy!
Vegetables!
Fruits!
Hot pockets!

Hot pockets are not a food group. Oh yeah smarty? What group do they go in then? Well they’re… Hmm… Hot pockets, check. Oh nice! 10 2 liter bottles of Safeway brand orange soda for 10 dollars. That’s a great deal. Oh damn. I can’t carry 20 liters of soda back with me. Much less the 40 liters it would take to make my unholy admixture and still get the necessary savings. Ok lets swing around and go out we just nee-Phone Cards! Come on T-mobile…. Alright. Apparently T-mobile is an authorized T-mobile dealership. And Radio Shack isn’t, that’s messed up. Gah, This stuff is really heavy. Don’t worry, its’ only ten blocks…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home