Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm Evil

I'm searching on Vasquez, one of the many people I have a strange obsession with, and I found an interview where he says this in response to a mention of invader Zim.

"Jhonen Vasquez: Well I wouldn't call it a hit cartoon. In certain ways it is incredibly damaging considering the stuff I did before certainly wasn't for kids. I was never thinking "I hope the kids love this," When I was ripping out a guy's intestines. But now I have a lot of little kids who watched Invader Zim whenever they could find it on television. I get emails from kids saying I'm 10 or 11 years old, I love Invader Zim. GIR is cute and I just picked up your Johnny book."

If you've never read JTHM it's a horrific story that could easily destroy the mind of any 10 or 11 year old, most fully adult minds reject it instantly.

The reason I say that I'm evil is because when I read that last phrase, "I get emails from kids saying I'm 10 or 11 years old, I love Invader Zim. GIR is cute and I just picked up your Johnny book." I burst out into hysterical laughter. These are kids having their minds destroyed, but man is that funny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.....Oh that poor kid...I totally agree.....he will be forever destroyed (or reborn in a newer, more powerful way, like the six million dollar man)....but man is it funny....

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home