Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bad Thoughts

The best of part of waking up is realizing that it's 5 a.m. and you have a test in 6 hours but you can't get back to sleep.

Wait a second. Something about that sounds wrong...

I'd say that I tend to have trouble sleeping before tests, but I have trouble sleeping often enough anyway that I'm not willing to say that it's conclusively tests. It could just be a statistical annomally.

Moving on

I passed a flyer for a self defense course which had, as part of it's ad, the phrase "A woman is raped every 46 seconds." I couldn't stop my internal hecklers from having fun with that phrase, as horrible as it may be.

Wow. Ya'know I'm no expert but I would've thought that it takes at least a full minute for someone to be raped.
And when does that woman sleep? If she's getting raped every 46 seconds she must be really tired.
Well that's probably why they can do it so fast. After the first hour or so of being raped every 46 seconds you probably stop fighting back.

Part of me is ashamed of thinking of these things, but a much more signifigant part of me still thinks they're funny. It's horrible, but it's still funny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home