Saturday, February 03, 2007

Random thoughts

I miss the old head on commercials. I know they annoyed the majority of the world, but I thought they were hilarious. They had a good simple message. What is is? Head on. How do you use it? You apply directly to the forehead. They're also the only commercials that understood one of the key rules of speech giving, that is that when telling somebody something you must first tell them what you're going to tell them, then tell them, and finally tell them what you told them.

Head on! apply directly to the forehead!
Head on! apply directly to the forehead!
Head on! apply directly to the forehead!

If you watch CNN you'll soon realize that 99% of what's being said is sensationalist schlock. It's something that would pull on my heartstrings if they weren't so heavily embittered, and won't provide me with any actual news. However, the ticker on the bottom of the screen is almost news. It's about as close to being news as Google news is, and quite frankly I think that's as far as you'll get in today's society.

Google spell check automatically capitalizes the word Google. It amuses me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home