Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snow

So I left work today to find that it had snowed two inches while I was sealed in the dank lair that M$ does their testing in. I went down to the street and took a moment to admire the scene before me. Traffic was so bad-

Studio Audiance: How Bad Was it?

Traffic was so bad I caught the bus. And I don't mean I waited at the stop and got on when it arrived, I mean I headed out on foot and literally caught up to the bus. In the end I didn't take it though because I was traveling somewhere between seven and 10^3 times faster then traffic.

I think Kevin is still on willows. That poor bastard.

Person re-reading this entry days, weeks, even years into the future. Know that despite the time between posting and your reading, Kevin is probably still on Willows. Gods willing he's made it to 90th by now.

There was also an interesting series of events with relation to my job. Before leaving the leads announced that despite weather we'll be running tomorrow. A careful eavesdropper would know that an actual VMC employee, which trumps lead, has heard discussing the cancelation of night shift and probable cancellation of the next days shift. The waters were further muddied by a message I got from Volts reminder bot, which called to tell me my shift is cancelled. I'm going to assume it's cancelled, but call in trapped anyway just in case. The actual employees have no respect for their announcement bot. The whole of these proceedigns were followed by a tallying of emotions at the grand mental council.

We have 1 vote for confusion, is it really cancelled.
We have 3 votes for "Damnit I need the work."
And we have 507 votes for "Allright, now I have an excuse not to go into work tomorrow"

The Pro/Con sheet on the VMC job is so waky. It only breaks even, but it has a few incredibly useful niche pros.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh thank the gods...I managed to flag someone down with a laptop with wi-fi....I'm still on willows! I haven't reached 90th yet! Running low on gas....can't go on much longer........so....cold..........save me..........................................................

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home