Thursday, January 11, 2007

YTMND, again

This posted started because I have to link this. It's madness on a level that I have not seen rivaled anywhere in the vast and sticky reaches of the Internet, or as we natives refer to it "Teh Internets!!!!11!!1!one!!"

There's a lot of good content going through YTMND recently though.

This one is clever, and AFAIK it's the first interactive YTMND.
-The God Machine

Bashing the pope is always good for a few laughs, and between the senility and Der Hitler Eugen Benedict strikes back is a font of comedity.
-Minions

It's a bit cheap, but that's YTMND's MO, so IMO this is still OK.
-Retreat to your exits...

This one is really quite clever. It's a good example of duality of genius and madness that appeals to me in a pseudo-intellectual/artistic way. It works a lot better with headphones BTW.
-Fun With Pop Music

I'm glad someone finally mocked this commercial. You also may not understand this one, so here's a bit of gaming industry history for you. Kaz hirari, currently president of Sony since he was promoted following the PS3 launch. That, by the way, is a logical paradox that could blow up a robot. Anyway Kaz announced the PS3 price at $599. Apparently he didn't notice how mad people were when they were made to pay $399 for the 360. Since then clips of this announcement have been slammed all over the intrawebs.
-Do you know what it is

The entier sony staff has been a great source of sound bytes recently. You're probably already heard someone, probably me, parroting Kaz and shouting "It's Ridge Racer!!! RRRRRIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!!!!!" My favorite by far though is from Ken Katuragi, or "Krazy Kenny" who was speaking at... E3 I think. He said, in a perfect "I'm just saying what we all think" kind of way "PS3? Too Cheap! Too Cheap!" I forget whether that was said to derisive laughter or dead silence but either way.

I don't know but it amuses me. I think it also gets bonus points for drawing a corollary between Dean and Godzilla.
-The Cries of Monsters

Clever use of photo shop and mp3s.
-Frank Miller's Sim City

A bit more video game history for you. Has any of you ever played battle? I think it was called battle, it was either that or combat, but it was great. I'm pretty sure it was produced before I was born, but I still think it's a great game, especially because it was one of the first to have competitive multiplayer. It turns out that it's another first as well.
-The First Instance of Spawn Camping

Understand that I play WoW too much, but despite that I'm just barely at the level that would be called Hardcore. Hardcore is only the middle of the spectrum too, there are people who lose jobs, families, and no end of other crucial parts of life to the game, and it's cousins. On that note I will point out that there are places already sold out, and no end of midnight sales planned for Tuesday. Midnight camping for a game that isn't low on supply is something that never occurred to me, but some people are just damned addicted, and as always YTMND sums up the message perfectly.
-WoW Fans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home