Friday, May 18, 2007

Dream

I just had a dream that I was a comedian who got in a lot of trouble because a soldier repeated something I told him as a joke and almost got killed. It's a rare instance because this dream revolves around one central action by me, and I actually remember the details of that action. In the dream I told this joke to a group of soldiers after a show I did in Iraq.

"I know you guys are having a little trouble fitting in around here but I can help you. You're never going to look like Iraqis, but you can let them know you're on their side; so I'm going to teach you a little bit of Arabic. Next time you pass a group of scary looking guys just look them in the eyes and say 'Am Israel Chai.'"

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

I'm Israeli?

Up Israel!?

10:56 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Basically it means "I stand with Israel." A more direct translation would be something like "All of Israel Lives" or "My life is Israel." It's a phrase used to show one's support for Ha-Aretz.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Were you trying to get them killed?!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home