Sunday, October 23, 2005

Block Accounting.

I've realized something about the way I spend money recently.

I was given 1k for miscelaneous college expenses, and I have no way to spend it. I was also given $20, which I have a million uses for.

I technically started this year with $1,300, but I really started it with:

1x $1000
2x $100
5x $20

I was able to justify spending one of the $20 on something entertainment based almost instantly. I justified spending one of the $100 on food, which reduced it to $20s, Which are in danger of being spent.

Leaving aside an entire detailing of my spending, I have a weird situation.

I don't think I can ever spend the $1000. And I don't mean that I won't ever find an expense that costs $1000, I mean that it's too much of an amount to spend any of. It's not a bad thing in the end, it gives me a good nest egg.

Now that I think about it, there's not much of a point to this post, just a musing of mine. I'll pull up my classic blogging rule. It's My Blog Damnit! I'll post what I want.

I love that rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home