Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Revenge

Dad.

Do you remember before you bought the L.S. we searched all of the non-Ford dealerships for a car that would fit you? You tried to no end to find a normal car that you could fit in, but to no avail, and on three or four distinctly separate experiences I recall walking out of a dealership behind you mimicking a quote from The Simpsons.

“Do you find something funny about the way I drive my Automobile? Everyone needs to drive and automobile, even the extremely tall.”

I thought it was funny. Still do.

Well here’s your chance for revenge.

The sudden intervention of walking and elevation into my life will, in the long run, be good for me. In the short run it leads to me being out of breath and tired a lot. One particular thing I’ve noticed is that everywhere I go is on some kind of slant. The slant is never very strong, and never enough to justify complaining that I’m walking up hill. However it’s more then enough to make walking up it a pain.

It also reminds me of another more recent Simpsons quote that has caused me to giggle inanely when climbing these slopes much to the mixed amusement, bemusement, confusement and refusement of those around me. The line is:

”Nobody escapes from Fat Camp, because the only way out is up a gentle slope”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home