Thursday, December 01, 2005

A La Carde

I have a dilemma. In two weeks the quarter ends. I have nearly $400 left on my UW food card. I don't think they give all of it back too, they may not even give any of the remainder back. This money, like all money, needs to be used in the best way possible*. There are some added complexities to this case though.

A: A La Carde has limited use. Only in the 1101 shops to my knowledge.
B: The Money isn't entirely mine. It was placed there so that I could have food and miscellaneous supplies.

I have a plan. There are some things that 1101 sells that are nonperishable and that I'll have a nearly infinite use for. Mechanical pencils, notecards, soap, diet coke, etc. I've also become fond of little spiral notebooks with the spiral on top. I'd like parental feedback first, but I've got a mind to go buy my next 15 quarters of school supplies.

I will of course also lower my meal plan for next quarter, but it's proving slightly more difficult then I thought it would be.

*This is still true when the best way to use it is passively, i.e. not use by retain it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home