Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My First Major College Screw Up

I was made aware today that I have to sign up for classes Friday. Now technically I don't have to, but I've already been through the process of being shuffled into the remainder classes, and I'm not going through that again. For the record, that was my major pre-college screw up. So I'm walking to Comp Lit today and I pass the academic testing building.

Hey Max, wasn't there some math placement test you were supposed to take?
We already took that
No, that was the
Hebrew placement test
No we... We must have... Shit

So I walk in to the building and directly into the testing room. My innate luckiness kicks in and so I attach myself onto the tail end of the 3:30 registration group. Advanced mathematics doesn't require an appointment.

You know that we're screwed anyway right? It took weeks for you to get the results from Hebrew back
Shut up

"Pardon me miss, When will I get the results from this test back? I'm in some what of a time crunch."
"We'll grade it right after, so you'll have it by 5 p.m. today"

Nyah Nyah!

So I pay my $15 and sit down with my one pencil.

Max this is the advanced mathematics test. You haven't done math in 6 months, how do you plan on passing? Max they don't allow calculators, do you know how to extremea non-graphically? Also you never memorized the quadratic formula, you just wrote it into your calculator and saved it, what are you going to do? And! and they don't allow retakes within 2 weeks, if you bomb this one your screwed.

First of all, shut up. Second of all, I'll just fall back to plan B.

We already fell back to plan B.

At this point the collective entities of my mind look towards their vast whiteboard.

Plan B: In the event that desired classes are unavailable take general education credit classes selected from the ones available based on entertainment value and difficulty.

Shit. We'll fall back to plan C then.

Plan C:In the event that gross incompetence prevents you from taking proper classes winter quarter you should umm... Pray? Pray, lie, conceal and then buckled down and take a summer quarter, or something. *Note: avoid having to resort to plan C at all costs.

Oh man, I really don't want to have to resort to plan C.
Me neither.

So what happened? Inexperienced Max walks in completely unprepared and OWNS that test. Off the bat, 6 months of dead time, and I place into the same math series that damn math Majors are taking.

Booya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home