Tuesday, January 10, 2006

the little things

I walked to safeway and back just now and had a series of musing all of which are related to one thing.

The first of these occured to me when I was standing inbetween two other people, being rained on, and waiting for the street to clear so that I could cross it an get one block closer towards my destination. The part of me that's responsible for common sense looked around and then slapped me. I took one full step backwards and waited out the traffic under the awning of whatever coffee shop was on the end of that block, there's one on the end of every block.

That little bit of insight made that little chunk of my life better by a factor of 3 or 4.

2.7 moments later the person who was formerly on my left and more recently yet still formerly left and ahead of me realized what I had done. He too stepped back into the awning, the third person followed soon after.

The insights of the few can benefit the many

half an hour or so later I was walking back. It was still raining so I was making sure to be as far to my right as I could, positioning myself under the awnings. It dawned on me as I walked along side some guy I didn't know that my while my insight could benefit the many, sharing it would detract from what it gave me. I could only walk under the awning because other people were walking in the rain.

hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home