Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Brainfreezy

Some of you. Well two of you may recall my old process of Zen diet coke drinking. It's a means of attaining temporary clarity (all clarity is temporary) by a single ultra focused experience. I still remember getting really weird looks while drinking diet coke really slowly with my eyes closed.

It's an experience I've mostly given up. Mostly because I still do something similar.

Remember Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? It's a comic I've referred to several times now. On a related side note I may have an unhealthy fixation on Johnen Vasquez. Anyway, there's a scene in the comic where he goes out for a Brainfreezy, what everyone else would call an icee. He discovers that the machine gets turned off at 2 a.m. and hence he can't get one. He then goes psycho (remember he's a homicidal maniac) and plans to kill the clerk, then kill himself. The point is that he can't have one and hence goes psycho.

I've taken up the habit of getting a brainfreezy at times when I'm feeling unnecessarily psycho. In the past.... 20 minutes I've taken up the habit of doing the Zen flavor mediation thing with them. I like it, and I think it's helping me. It also amuses me for one key reason.

I do get my Brainfreezy, and it stops me from going crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home