Sunday, April 09, 2006

Duty to God

I try to help but each time I walk away from a friend in need I worry. I strive to aid those around me, I see their pain and their suffering and I know that it is my duty, my sacred duty, to help them. I see so many people living in pain derived of delusion and self destructive misconception and I am steeled by divine conviction to pry them free of the spiritual sinkhole into which they have descended. I know that the highest goal of the faithful is to bring others into the light, to sear the black iron prison of ignorance and wield the flaming sword of enlightenment against the shadowy monster of ignorance. And yet each time I walk away I worry. I worry that I will not relieve but rather further enslave them to their own fears and misery. I worry that in my own ignorance I have styled myself some kind of healer when really all I am is another dammed fool spreading ignorance. I worry that with my flaming sword I sever the hopes and dreams of those I love, feeding them to their own inner demons. Yet every time I come to this I resolve myself to the same action, to take up arms against a sea of troubles, but by opposing do I truly end them? I do not know, but I feel deep within the core of my being that I must continue, I must never cease in my pursuit of this most righteous goal, for if I can do nothing else than it is still my sacred duty, my Duty to God, to try.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember a sword, even a flaming one...still cuts both ways...the light of knowledge is still just power....use it wisely, and chains will be broken...but try not to shine that light too brightly, for it may frighten people deeper into their cages. Also remember that some have painted their cages a guilded gold....and do not see themselves trapped........be aware, be prudent, be gentle when neccesary, and bombastic when times call for it......and His will may yet be done.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home