Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Explaination

I think I may have to explain one of my earlier blog posts.

First of all Mitch Hedberg is my favorite comedian of all time. He died on my birthday a year ago, heroin overdose. I had actually made plans that once I was 18 I would go see him because I felt like a comedy show didn't justify the use of a fake I.D. Then on the day that I turned 18 he died. Once again, I am the Patron Saint of Irony. The role of saint isn't always fun, but I'm dedicated to laughing at tragedy.

The bit that's important here is from his first CD "Strategic Grill Locations."

"I used to have really long hair and people thought I was high on stage. Because people associate long hair with drug use. I wish long hair was associated with something other then drug use, like an extreme longing for cake. And then strangers would see a long hair guy and say 'That fucker eats cake. He is on Bunt Cake.' Mothers sayin to their daughters 'Don't bring the cake eater over here any more. He smells like flour. Did you see how excited he got when he found out your birthday was fast approaching?"

So, I'm not growing out my hair for random change. I'm growing it out to express my extreme longing for cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home