Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hollow Blood

[Please begin reading with the post titled "The Six"]

I'm about to change from the manic studying phase to the note sheet phase. The note sheet phase is where I summarize 3 chapters on one page in tiny text. They allow one page of notes, and I intend to take that inch for several miles. In either case I'm taking a brief break between phases, and I'd like to give more information on the hexpresso process.

The key thing to note is that I did not go fully without sleep this time. It's true that this is occasionally done, but that process only works if you started the day at 3/4 or more rested. I started yesterday at roughly 1/2 rested. This means that I needed to get some sleep, because if you run pure for too long the hollow blood effect will begin to impair your test taking abilities. The hollow blood effect is my universal term for the negative side effects of caffeine use that aren't the crash. I call it this because if you run pure for a long time you'll get this weird feeling in your blood. It's as though your body is normally made up of a giant mesh of water filled bubbles, but now those bubbles are filled with air. It's actually just dehydration, but in a normal dehydration case you'd get exhaustion and thirst before you get that, but because you've been drinking large amounts of caffeinated liquids you wont' get thirsty or tired, you'll go direct to the hollow blood feeling. While dehydration would be a detriment on a test, the last phase of consumption is pre-test high water intake. This makes the hollow blood feeling not an impairment on tests, but you will get it back once you get up and start walking again. Hollow blood usually isn't an impairment when test taking, but further effects of running pure which aren't the hollow blood feeling, but are filed under the vast umbrella that is "Hollow Blood Effect" can be. In either case I slept from 11 p.m. until 3 a.m. For those of you who are wondering how I was able to sleep only 4 hours when I started the day at 1/2 rested I turn you to my ancestors. My native American ancestors this time. At around 10:30 I started drinking, and by 11 I had drunk nearly 2 liters of water. This means that 4 hours later you wake up with a sudden sense of urgency. I haven't used this trick enough to calibrate water to duration properly, but I'll probably go through the trials on that later.

I think that's the whole of the message I was trying to get across. I leave you with one key warning though. The hollow blood feeling isn't an impairment to stationary intellectual activities as long as you do the final stage hydration, but it will remain a major hindrance to physical activities for multiple hours, until you've taken in a lot of water and given it time to enter your system. This is why I was decked by 50 cents worth of DDR last time. I forgot about the hollow blood, which does very little to my pinball and Tekken abilitys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home