Thursday, April 13, 2006

That one show about that guy with the thing who does stuff at that time.

Allright. I'm enjoying my post-math homework being turned in pre-physics test final hour studying blitz caffination based wakefulness quasi-opiate mindset. As such, I'm going to post about something irrelevant that won't have any long term value.

This is a post that started with a quote, but I don't think the joke gets across well enough in pure text. It's from a certain science fiction cartoon show which was genius but cancelled because it was too intelligent for the fox audience. It's the source of such memorable quotes as "No fair! You changed the results by measuring them!" And "Spare me your space age techno-babble Attila the Hun," and the classic "Choke on that Causality!" I'm not going to name the show, I don’t' know why, but I am in no mood for reason, and I feel like it. Oh, speaking of quotes, there’s also a discussion of the upcoming presidential election which goes:
"Two terrific candidates eh morbo?"
"ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!"

It's also the source of some of my favorite snarky wisdom quotes. Things like "You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even more, and put your hands over your ears and go LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!" Also the belief that when playing God you have to use a light touch, like a pick pocket or a safecracker.

The quote that started this exercise in pointlessness is as follows. "A living thing, and all living things have dignity, and a spark of the divine" Not all that funny eh? Well if you've figured out the show by now, and it's not like I've made any big effort to stop you from doing that, then you'll probably know the character, so you'll understand why the full quote is funny.

"A living thing, and all living things have dignity, and a spark of the divine"
-Lur, Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Futurama!.....but I don't know where that quote is from....

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home