Friday, May 26, 2006

Epic Legends of The Heirarchs

This is a long story, which I, for the pleasure and leisure (it rhymes if you pronounce the same way I do) of my audiance shall condense. As you all know I have a certain infatuation with the works of on Keith Gerald "Tycho" Holkins, whose real name is more commonly phrased as Jerry Holkins, which is based on a contraction of his middle name. There was no reason, per se, to include that bit of obscura, but I feel it sufficent to show that the so called infatuation borders on obsession.

Anyway.

He claims in his newsposts to have written a 13 book cycle of fantasy novelles, the cycle altogether is known as The Epic Legends of The Heirarchs: The Elemenstor Saga. I've looked long and hard over the internet equivelent of both hill and dale, and I have plunged every nook and every known cranny trying to find more information on this cycle, and possibly a retailor for said cycle. My conclusion is that it's a complex ruse, the cycle dosn't actually exist, and neither does the plagaristic opposite "The Song of The Sorcelator." This evil equal opposite is supposedly written by L. H. Franzibald. It is said that "the retarded doppleganger responsible for these perversions - could no more compete with me than could my pale shadow mount and subsequently impregnate a galloping giraffe. It is analogies like this for which I am well known." It is genius like this that has inspired my affinity for Tychos work. Turning once again to the dark counterpart; from my new much more distrusting stance I can see that the name is balanced enough to be funny without being obvious. The portrait of his character that is painted is textbook douche, but in my humble opinion it's too texbook.

Those of you who will point me to the wiki for information should turn away now. Take your shattered hopes and dreams that you may collectively huddle in your respective corners and cry. The Wiki is also part of the ruse. It all fits too well. My argument can be best summed in this e-mail I have composed to the Brahe himself.

From: Max Willson (TheInfiniteMobius@gmail.com)
To: Tycho (Tycho@penny-arcade.com)
Subject: ELotH

I apologize for my english, which as you'll subsequently find out is signifigantly less then the Kings, but I'm in a state that lies somewhere deliciously between confusion and outrage. I've looked heavily into the ELotH stuff, including the wiki, and after delving through what I must say is a quite nearly sublime display of madness, madness as an underappreciated art form, I've become convinced of one thing.

You're fucking with me.

Readiation dosn't show up, ELotH only shows up on it's own wiki, your announced intention to write it happened over 5 years after the supposed publishing of the first book, and the books aren't for sale on Amazon, or E-bay, or any other of the fine intraweb sites that allow me to acquire literary delicacies without departing my darkened lair. All of this leads me to one key conclusion. The entire thing was some form of joke. Let's call it a joke and not a horrible horrible betrayal, because that would require that I emerge from my darkened lair to bring upon you my unique brand of fat sweaty Ire.

I do so distest emerging from the lair.

Upon further review, and after a rather dramatic instance of venting in which I leapt bodily from my chair, hurling it to the ground, and thrust my accusatory finger at my computer screen; then proceeded to decalre the world but much more so to my sleeping roomate that "Someone is Fucking With Me!!!" I've decided that I'm not really all that mad. It's a good trick, and I can see how you could have a lot of fun with this. I ask only one thing. Confirmation. I need to know that this is indeed a clever ruse on your part so that my insidious curiosity can be thusly slated, and I can restrain myself from digging through a used book store fantasy bin to feed a hunger that has long since ceased being about the actual and has become a dire need to know.

Boistrously
-Max Willson

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you checked here:

http://www.cafepress.com/happyworldland.54766322

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home