Friday, May 05, 2006

So that's why...

Since I've been in Seattle I've had to deal with a lot of closed minded bullshit about Texas. Most of it consists of me telling people "You know, Texas is the width of the entire Midwest you know. It's a freaking Damn Big place. And While yes, we've got more then our fair share of drunken hicks the people in the cities are good."

Yeah, I should probably have more pride then that, and I kind of do, but if you'd been through as many of the small Texas towns as I have (Scout trip pit stops) you'd see how bad it gets.

I realized recently why we've got such a bad rap. I've seen two things that feature Texas mentioned multiple times while I've been here.

"57 people were executed in just one Texas County this year." For those of you who don't know that was Harris county. The death penalty makes me homesick

*single tear*

The other one is the Texas Double whopper.

sigh

Can you really blame them when this is all they hear about us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home