Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wii

Have you guys heard about the Wii? Probably not, have you heard about the Nintendo Revolution? If you have the latter and not the former then I have some very painful news for you.

The renamed the revolution the Wii.

*single tear*

While I've already signed 8 online petitions to get it changed back, the poor labeling hasn't done much to stifle my excitement over this system. Nintendo is taking a step back from the "Infinite +1" style conflict that Microsoft and Sony are in which consists basically of making the exact same game with better graphics over and over again. Nintendo's new system, which I'm still going to call the revolution (with the exception of the calling the remotes wiimotes) is going to change things. The wiimote isn't like a traditional game controller. If you've seen an X-box 360 remote you know that it's freaking damn complex. 2 analogs trigger buttons, another array of buttons. It's a huge learning curve to pick one up. The wiimote will not only be simpler button wise, but will have motion sensitivity. While the PS3 will have graphics that have a higher resolution then real life, I think the revolution will still be more immersive because it's improving the way you interact with the game world. The wiimote also has a port on one end of it, so that you can change up how the wiimote itself works by adding new components. I see an amazing level of potential in this. I'm certain too that when those magic two words come to the front we will see a Revolution in game play.

Dance Pad

Dance pad you say? Bullocks! You say. I know you say it I can hear you. By the way you can save a fortune on long distance calls you make to me if you just speak slowly and clearly into your mouse pad. For everyone who doubts this I have one thing to say

Bushido Blade 3.

A game where your swords hilt is the wiimotes motion sensitivity and the movement of your warrior is determined by your steps on the dance pad.

If that's not enough, I'd like to bring one very important note to the forefront. Lightsaber. If you read any of the star wars books, which are IMHO better then the movies, you'll see a lot of rants on lightsabers being so tricky because the blade doesn’t way anything. Well the nonexistent blade on the end of the motion sensitive wiimote doesn’t weigh anything either. If Lucas arts doesn’t jump on I'm going to have to go beat them with my plastic lightsaber until they do. In fact I'll go buy a force FX lightsaber and beat them with that until they do.

It's true that I'll only do that because I need an excuse to buy a force FX lightsaber, but I won't think about that until after I have my lightsaber.

What was I talking about? The Revolution! Right. I'm going to get one, it's going to be great, and I’m not going to call it a Wii.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home