Sunday, February 04, 2007

Doom!

So the UN has confirmed what is currently the front runner in my giant list of things that are going to kill of humanity. Global Warming!!! Crazy Weather! Rising Seas! Three Degrees Of Madness!!!

Don't mistake my cynicism for sarcasm either. I'm legitimately worried about this, but I'm too bitter to care any more.

Simultaneously the other possible world-ending threat loomed it's head again. Nuclear Holocaust is back in the running. I'm not surprised though. I think our window of opportunity for actually stopping Iran from making nukes closed about four years ago when we decided to attack Iraq. Anyone know why we attacked Iraq? All the reasons I have are depressing on a level so profound that I am physically burdened just thinking about them. The problem is that they're also true. Now I do understand why we couldn't have attacked either Iran or Syria, the two actual problem countries, but thinking about those reasons is almost enough to send me into a full blow depressive episode. I might have to take personal grieving days to mourn the loss of my faith in humanity. Anyway, Iran's Nuclear advancement was essentially unstoppable after that. Especially given the tactics used by the UN. No offense to the UN, but the diplomacy of enlightened elected leaders doesn't work with power mad Tyrants. So now the biggest of the anti-Zionist fish is going to get nukes. Part of me hopes for another Israeli raid like the one that pwnd Saddam's nuclear program, but a much more reasonable part of me is just hoping that they manage to keep their little nuclear squabble between themselves. A third, reasonable but bitter part of me is only willing to hold out hopes that the impending nuclear war doesn't cause nuclear winter.

And a part of me that rarely gets to talk hopes everything will go down perfectly causing nuclear winter to cancel out global warming, because that would be hilarious. We'd all still die, but seeing as the world is going to end anyway, why not make the apocalypse histories biggest ironic twist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home