Saturday, March 17, 2007

Maturity

I have enough money now that I have an entertainment budget again. I have enough in that pool to buy one significant thing. My thoughts immediately begin to swirl

We can finally buy a 2nd monitor!
A PDA would be really nice
Daddy needs a new stack of RAM
It seems like we don't own enough swords.
There's more then enough games out to warrant buying a DS.
Pre-order Shadowrun!
Just how much does a Flamethrower cost anyway?
Does anyone else think we should take the time to do some drugs before we turn 20? It'll sound less degenerate later if we can chalk it up to being a teenager.

They go on like that for quite some time. The list of things that I don't need but would be amused to have is essentially endless, which is why "More Storage Space" appears every 5o items or so on that list. In the end though I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to save that money because I'm going to need it this summer when I'm getting set up at my new living space in the U-District. There's a precarious Limbo period coming up where Project Exodus will be completed but Project Nemesis (going to school and getting a job) won't have stared yet. So I'm going to be mature, I'm going to save my money, and extra money I do get will be spent mostly on clothes and furniture. And yes, this is a good thing. I'm glad that I've gained enough control over myself to do this, but on the other hand you have to admit that this is really lame. It may be a wise decision, but it's certainly not a cool one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home