Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Awsome

It's around 3 p.m. I've taken a break from my hard day of playing computer games to go play console video games. I could try and defend my activities, but that would involve either ranting or lying so let me just say that I was thoroughly enjoying myself. My phone rings in the distance somewhere, I run to catch it, and answer it just in time to miss the call and be thoroughly freaked out when the vibrating "You have a new voice mail" alarm goes off while the thing is pressed against my head.

"Hey this is Brian from Volt Technical Services..."
Oh great, Microsoft is having another big push and is looking for more bitch workers to do some minimum waging for them.
"We have this project going on, it's not like a normal project it's at the Microsoft campus. You'll be working on an FPS, and it pays $11.83 an hour."
Wait what was that? $12 an hour? This must be some kind of trick; core team only makes nine. And the Microsoft campus, isn' that across the street? This is some kind of holy grail.

I call him back, it's 4 days total, Wednesday, then Saturday, then Monday, then Wednesday. There's a brief period of me waffling and wondering if I'll be able to pull off going to Homestead Friday night, then rolling direct to Microsoft Saturday morning then rolling back to Homestead Saturday night, but he says one thing that's cements the deal perfectly in my mind.

"You'll be working on the new Shadowrun game."

I could go on a whole rant here so concise to say that the Shadowrun franchise is something I have immense interest in, and the two upcoming shadowrun games, this one and the planned MMORPG, are things I've been looking forward to for several months. It has cyberpunk, it has post-apocalyptic Seattle, it has the grid, it has streetwise mystics throwing fireballs in between bursts of machine gun fire, it's got it all.

So I'm going to make more then I make in two weeks at my other job in 4 days at this one testing a game that I probably would've done for free.

Awsome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home