Saturday, March 10, 2007

Closing

I came in early tonight because I barely finished in time last night and I have to deal with temporal manipulations tonight. It was fortuitous because J wanted to leave early to go out in the way that normal people do. This means that I covered the last hour of front desk duty and as I stood up to close down the front office before heading to my real job I was filled with the sudden urge to just shout "Lock Down!" after which a series of violent frame cuts would show everything in the building spontaneously sealing and bolting itself. A large iron door would slam shut in the distance, and the whole thing would end with the Welcome sign, now turned around, tapping faintly against the front door, expelling the momentum of my dramatics.

The world would be a lot more interesting if things like this actually worked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home