Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First Blood

50 minutes. I have 50 minutes until my first class. I'm going to leave in about 10 after I finish packing and shave, I also plan to get food, so I should only arrive 20 minutes or so early.

Nerd.

There's a strange sense of calm that I have finally being within acting distance of this event. It's existed on the horizon, and then loomed over me for a long time now, but actually faced with it I am free of all worry. I know what I'm going to do, I have studied it, I have planned it, I have known it for ages now. The act itself is almost a footnote. It is for this reason that I considered titling this post "Iaijatsu," but I'm not certain that's how you spell it, and I'm sure anyone would understand.

The trappings are all the same, but their nature is suddenly different. My backpack is now for transporting books. My notepad is once again a device for taking notes, and the dice bag full of quarters will be fed into the Tekken machine, not the bus.

It's all so clear, it's all, in many ways, already happened. The only thing left to do is to act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home