Monday, March 16, 2009

Newspeak

It's only the Monday of finals week and it's already started. There's a phenomenon that usually waits until spring break to show up, but in these hard economic times people have started early on the grand endeavor of being stoned for a week straight.

That's not even why I'm writing this though. What occurred to me, as I encountered these individuals, is that there are certain things one can say which function exactly the same as saying "I am so high." Walking past a little fake birdcage motion detector and exclaiming that "Oh my god you guys.. birds!!" is a great example. If your entire crew spends twenty minutes trying to figure out how exactly to play with a barrel of monkeys, the conversation that takes place during those twenty minutes is another example. It's gotten to the point now that I don't even really hear what they're actually saying. I just hear the babble of their voice and my internal filter translating it, the recurring message of "So High!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home