Friday, October 14, 2005

Bleh

I’m sick. I’ll spare you the more horrific and moist details, but it’s food poisoning of a completely debilitating sort. Food poisoning, in my experience, has the precursors of dehydration of and general fatigue. I had both of those, but didn’t recognize the actual problem for what it was. I thought it was just dehydration, which causes fatigue on its own, and not the harbinger of a much bigger problem. The more amusing details of the story are below.

I am now the only person I know who has thrown up in a public street while sober. I’m also the only one I know who did so during the day, and not just during daytime, but during Rush Hour.

I’m too sick to make it all the way to the restroom without being out of breath. But if I don’t make it to the restroom things are going to get a lot worse.

Viscosity is a measurement of health.

At the convenience store downstairs you’re required to wear shoes. It’s part of the restaurant and sanitation laws require it. Last time I went without shoes I was told that, because I was already checking out, I would be allowed to slide this time, but that next time I’d have to go back to my room and get shoes before I could purchase anything. Well the same cashier was on duty, and I stumbled up the counter without shoes. He noticed this while I was in line and his face flashed with indignation. My guess of his thoughts is something along the line of “That little punk, I specifically told him to wear shoes.” It was around this point that he noted that I was out of breath from walking from the elevator to the store (100 feet tops) and that I had placed Pepto-Bismol, water, and hand sanitizer on the counter. I had also immediately leaned heavily on that counter. He let me go.

I needed to get up to read our new D&D groups message board and explain to them that I am sick. I will get better thanks to my vast array of medicines, but I might be unable to meet Sunday. Heheh, Pepto’s Abysmal Elixir, I have to find some way to work that in to the message board.

Greetings fellow D&Ders. I’m sick, but I’ve progressed from lying completely immobile in my bed to sitting completely immobile in my chair.

Wow, it’s already noon. I’ve been asleep for the last thirteen hours. I think I'll go back to sleep.

Every culture has its own ancient medicines. Now I draw upon the ancient sacred spirits of suburban white people show me the way to cure myself. Sprite, Dayquil, and chicken noodle soup, $11.50.

I’m now essentially recovered. I missed both classes Thursday as well as the one class I have on Friday, but I don’t think I would’ve been able to gain anything from them anyway. I’m still a little queasy, but I’m doing much better then I was yesterday, and should be fine by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home