Sunday, October 16, 2005

That 80s show

I have a weird position in my generation with regards to 80s culture. I watched nick at night before it was popular and so I've seen most of the key sitcoms of the 80s, and I watched cartoon network before they got enough money to provide their own content so I've seen a lot of the 80s cartoons as well. I've repeatedly gotten weird looks for saying that "We have to get this under wraps before he tells Larry and this whole thing gets back to Mr. Roper." I've called upon the eye of thundera to give me sight beyond sight, I got more weird looks on one occasion when someone said something that ended in the phrase "but where would be find someone that evil" and I immediately looked towards the door and was later made to explain that I expected squiggy to burst in and say "hello" at just that moment, and I was the only person under the age of 30 to jump up in outrage when the show "the war at home" came out because it's a complete rehashing of All in the Family complete with a main character who is just a hornier remake of Archie bunker.

Come to think of it, most of the Fox content can be described as a hornier remake of something.

All that aside, There's a certain set of comedy that's coming to it's zenith. It's heavily esoteric, but I am one of the exonerated brethren that holds the key to its fel delights. The greatest of these come from the show "Robot Chicken" a show which almost everyone will view as being just another weird show on Adult Swim, but I view as the kind of twisted genius that I enjoy above most other kinds of genius.

The crowning glory of their work can be viewed in low resolution form here:

If you don't get it, I make no apologies, I personally broke my chair laughing when I first saw it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home