Thursday, December 01, 2005

X-Mas

First off, the use of the phrase "X-Mas" I'm not doing this as a contraction as much as I am doing it because I celebrate X-Mas more as a secular American holiday then a religious thing. This may sound like I don't respect X-Mas, but I sincerely enjoy it, I think it's a crucial part of the American economy, and I think the concept of a gift giving day is a good concept both from a socio-economic point of view, and just as a nice tradition. And if your lucky enough to use the holiday to foster goodwill and kindness (which you technically should do no matter what season it is) then all the better.

Also, it's now December, so I'm now allowed to do X-Mas related stuff. It's my strict linear holiday practice which basically forbids me from doing Thanksgiving stuff before Halloween, X-Mas stuff before Thanksgiving, New Years stuff before X-Mas (this is why my New Years preparations are always hurried at best) etc. I never put much stock by St. Valentines day or Easter, but if I did do things for them the same rules would apply.

I've already gotten asked the question "What do you want for Christmas" (The person who was asking probably doesn't hold to the X-Mas thing, so that wasn't a typo or a slip of policy) I feel awkward answering that question because it seems like I'm asking for things without giving a very good reason why I should get them. So I'm willing to answer it on the condition that everyone who reads this Blog also tell me what they want for X-Mas. That said lets get down to heartless materialism.

Primarily I want Money. If you don't understand that refer to my "New Pentacle" thing
I'd like an entirely manual vacuum. One of the ones that you use like a push broom, but which has spinning brushes and a dust trap. I think it'd be useful for the dorm. It seems like it would be best to buy that in Seattle though. Then in a weird twist I'm going to ask for clothing.

First off I need more cargo jeans. I'm thoroughly convinced that whoever designed them did so specifically for me.

Also a vast array of assorted humorous / nerdy T Shirts

Clarification: there isn't a good way to link to specific Wickedjester shirts, the ones I have interest in are
Sarcastic/"Hello. I see the Assassins have failed"
Sarcastic/"Fight Crime. Shoot Back"

Also bonus points to anyone who realized that the Slash leads to a shirt which starts with the phrase "I'm here to kill you." I don't think that counts as a full joke, or even as a pun, but it mildly amused me briefly.

I could probably use a few of the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition rule books, it's kinda shameful that the DM is acting off PDFs he got off the internet. But I might buy a few of those between now and X-Mas, and I'm not entirely sure they're necessary (I do have the PDFs after all)

Please let me know what you guys want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home