Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Steps Toward a Brighter Future.

While playing around on the vast pachinko machine that is the internet one particularly interesting shiny ball of knowledge fell in to my lap. Today is national mental health day. I know this because a member of my clandestine brotherhood trades their shadowy robes for a Ben and Jerry uniform in order to commit the crimes against humanity that are necessary to maintain his broadband subscription. Ben and Jerry, in another of their harebrained schemes, give out free ice cream on national mental health day. It's one scoop per customer at a time, but if you were to get back in line infinite times you could in theory get infinite ice cream, but the head ache caused by consuming infinite ice cream would probably kill you.

In either case I, in the last two hours of national mental health day, am going to do my part for this most noble cause. All I need is the approval of the council.

[Mobius] We weren't prepared for this, let it be severed.
[Sulfaras] It is a necessary sacrifice for the Greater Good.
[Slyz] I am so freakin damn sick of going to that class.

And click.

Wow that was suprisingly easy. You'd think they'd have a "Are you sure you want to toss four weeks of work" button. I also feel less stressed already. That may be the ice cream though. I don't know where Ben or Jerry live, so I had to pay for mine but it was a good deal.

You may also notice that I used my UW bookstore card again. This may seem confusing because I use it only to buy school supplies, but there was a very key reason.

I've been printing things on Conrad's printer. Before that I was printing on Eric's printer. Until today I hadn't contributed a thing. Conrad's printer decided to play a lively round of up yours Max, so I was forced to purchase a new ink cartridge. So don't think of it as Max being frivolous with his card, think of it as paying $10 a quarter for essentially unlimited use of a printer.

This is a bit of a tangent, but the phrase "Steps Toward a Brighter Future" is the motto of the MX C-U-B. Much like the Maxonian C.D.S. CUB has a double meaning. The offical meaning for it is "The Maxonian office for Civil Understanding of Biology" there stated purpose is to develop more advanced bioengineering techniques for the benefit of the Common Man(tm). The alternate meaning is "The office of Cruel and Unsual Biology" a name that they were given because of the total lack of medical ethics rules in the Maxonian Royal Empire. As a quick refresher, C.D.S. offically means "Cyborg Defense Squad," while the alternate, an much more accurate, name is "Cyborg Death Squad." Their stated purpose is something along the same lines as a swat team, which is one of their many functions, but their main job is enforcing loyalty by any means necessary.

Glory The Maxonian Royal Empire, Glory the the Infinite Legion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home