Monday, July 10, 2006

Obsolete

So I've reached a point where my job dosn't require me. I've got three genomes downloading, one extracting, and one formatting. Anything else I make the computer do is detrimental to productivity. Even writing this is probably slowing something down. With all that in mind, what's the point of me? A clever combination of AI and a helper monkey could do everything I'm doing, and it wouldn't screw up the thing by wasting computer power on self indulgent reflection.

There's a fair chance that tomorrow I'll go in and queue up a series of tasks that'll run for 3 hours. Will I get paid for those hours? Does this sound suspicious to anyone else.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The question I think is portent here:

Is my employer maniacal or stupid?

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home