Saturday, August 19, 2006

That's How The Song Fucking Goes, Damnit.

I just spent, some of the council would say wasted, $10. The story starts with the song "Bring It" an internet smash hit that's been around for a while before Snakes on a Plane was even released. Well I saw the movie (It's GREAT) and they made it into the official movie. Not only is this a monumental victory for the underground, but also for this particular band.

I knew that if they made it into the movie they would put it on the soundtrack. I didn't have an MP3 of it already, so I decided to support both the movie and the group by buying it. I also decided that if I'm going to blow $2 on music I may as well go fully in and blow $10 and get the album. Well I accidentally downloaded the "Clean" album.

I'm not sure how many of you know this but I am adamantly opposed to censorship in all forms. Somewhere around here I have my "Fuck Censorship" poster, and I almost bought the "F.C.C. Fucking Censoring Cockmunchers" poster. If you haven't guessed it yet I hate clean albums. That's not protecting anyone, that's fucking with art. I don't consider it clean either, if you bleep or blank the profanity you're not making the song cleaning, you're screwing up the lyrics. So when I saw that the song's famous clip (they were one of the first ones to have the actual Samuel L Jackson soundclip of this line) was replaced with "I've had it with these *bleep* snakes on this *bleep* plane," I recoiled in horror.

That bleep noise. That offends me more then any profanity ever will. That's the funeral bell sounding out the demise of freedom.

I then proceeded to delete the entire album from my computer, and purchased the entire Explicit Album. The art will not be besmirched. The message will not be changed, and The People will not be fucking silenced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home