Saturday, February 24, 2007

Maddening

CNN Headline News repeats its cycle every 20 minutes or so. I've watched the whole cycle four or five times now, I still haven't heard any news.

Some building got destroyed. That's more of a You-Tube video then a headline news story.

Anna Nicole Smith continues to be a train wreck despite the hindrance of being dead.

The Powers™ are preparing to invade Iran. They're using the pretense that we have to stop Iran from getting nukes, but I think that stopping Iran from getting nukes is something that we would have had to have started in 2004, at the latest. I am glad that they've moved up a level of significance in terms of Evil Middle East countries, but I wish they would have skipped turning Iraq into a quagmire rivaled only by Lebanon and gone directly to the Saudis. Still Iran is one step of relevance up from Iraq, so after we spend a few years destroying a society and creating a humanitarian crisis there, we can move on to doing that to Syria, then we can finally get around to bombing the people who actually need to be bombed. It's too bad they give the Power™ so much money, otherwise we might have actually done some good in the region.

The Oscars... I don't really care.

Snow in Colorado. I guess that sucks for Colorado, but I'm not in Colorado. This really seems like the territory of the Weather Channel™

Obama is preaching to the crowd and slamming Cheney. Really it's not that impressive, he's just beating around the bush, the bush in this case is made of slanderous accusations and conspiracy theories I and people like me have already hurled at Cheney. In other words he's doing the whole "Mass Market Appeal" thing. It seems good, I guess, but the left doing a weak job of bashing the right really isn't news.

New airport scanners, you don't have to get patted down. If you're going through this one airport that has them. It's almost interesting, but still not news.

And then they show that building getting blow up again. I really wish CNN would have the balls to say that nothing big is going on right now. 24 Hour news channels are a bad idea because there's really not 24 hours of TV worthy news. Especially not with the Internet around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home