Sunday, March 18, 2007

Poor Decisions

What happened just now is the result of a series of poor decisions.

It starts with me reading webcomics and just reveling in the fact that I still get paid even if I finish all the laundry by 2 a.m. I'm sitting at the computer reading, and somewhere in the back of my mind I can feel that a few of my moustache hairs have gotten long enough that they're reaching my mouth. I absent mindedly being to bite at them. That's the first poor decision. Whatever perverse being is in charge of orchestrating my fidgeting makes a game out of this. I begin pulling whole hairs out with my teeth. It's mildly painful, but it doesn't pass threshold so it's ignored. This is why I don't notice it until I've pulled out 10-15 hairs in my already thin facial hair. I could've just stopped the whole thing there, but the fact that my stubbery is now lopsided is bugging me, and I decide to do something about it. That was the second poor decision. There really isn't a good way to even it out, and on impulse I shave off the entire thing, my third poor decision. With the total lack of a moustache I now have a weird far too short goatee, which may actually be a soul patch, and because of the new vacancy I can see that I've given myself an odd bruise on my left lip from pulling out hairs. I'm considering shaving off what remains of my facial hair, but I've made so many bad choices on that matter already that it seems like doing anything else is just asking for trouble. It really hasn't been my day today. Well, this last 24 hour preiod hasn't been mine, I don't subscribe to the normal ordering of "days"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home