Saturday, March 24, 2007

Reaver

This story takes us once again into Azeroth.

It involves a Fel Reaver. Normally when one encounters a Fel Reaver in the game world it takes the form of a 100' tall mechanized monstrosity fueled by demon fire, marching across the landscape crushing the hopes of the innocent and the bodies of the brave. They are truly a fright to behold, and fighting one alone is essentially impossible.

Well there's a quest much later one, in an area far from the roaming Fel Reavers that involves the demonic equivalent of a factory. Dread technicians use some form of horrible magic to build creatures called Infernals out of boulders and pale green hellfire. At this particular location a whole grid of infernals is visible, easily 20 long on either axis. Fighting them all, and their constructors, and the overseers would be hopeless madness, but a bit of gnomish trickery makes it all possible.

My eyes browsed the quest description again as I headed into place, and I began to understand that what I had here was a candy made of awesome and win with a nougaty center of vengeance and sadistic glee, all of which is wrapped up in the shiny wrapper of a delusional power trip.

You get to hijack a Fel Reaver.

I couldn't let this one go to waste, a flick of the wrist and a few keybinds later iTunes loaded and I slotted a few things into place, I snapped back into the game with only a few seconds to get into place. I activate the controls and quickly see what the beast can do. Rocket Salvo, Sonic torrent, Concussion stomp and a turbo boost, to say nothing of the horrors I could wreak by simply beating on things. The open cords rang through my headphones and my fingers danced across the keys, the Demonic factory explodes into chaos. I'm immediately swarmed but the only thing more futile then their attempts to kill me is their attempt to avoid being killed by me. Flames and explosions surround me, I am the eye of the storm of reckoning, and all the while my soundtrack sings the glory of my onslaught.

"Ohhhh No! They Say he's got to go, Go Go GODZILLA!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home