Thursday, April 19, 2007

Out of Place

I’ve been outside during the day more then normal recently. Various errands and activities have pushed me off my nocturnal schedule, and I’ve noticed more and more of a certain kind of response. It’s a look the wealthy white people who live in Redmond give me, and it’s the same look one would use to say “What is that Negro doing in my upscale Redmond shopping market?” It’s shock, and disgust behind a deep confusion as to why I’m there. I’ll grant that I’m not the most affable looking person; I would go as far as to say that I’m simply not an affable looking person, but this reaction seems a little extreme. I think it’s another aspect of my nocturnal conditioning. The same way I’ve come to consider normal levels of foot traffic crowds I’ve come to reflect the sketchy and generally un-affable people that I tend to work with. I wonder how far this can go, how deep the night world truly is. Do I learn the special night language eventually? Is there a different government? What about spooky powers, they seem only appropriate at this point.

Tsk, it’s always about the powers with me isn’t it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its unfortunate that some people confine themselves to knowing only people like them, and not expanding their world to people like you.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home