Monday, July 23, 2007

Lamest Solution ever

Fixed my computer. I can't prove this, put I'm pretty certain one of the wires was blocking something internally. I opened it up, found no error, and when I turned it back on I got the horrible grating of the CPU fan against an internal power cord, and no improvement in the computers condition. A little bit of wire arranging, and once again abandoning the case got my computer up and running again.

I also figured out the problem with my CPU fan. While removing it I discovered the coin thick layer of dust that had formed a thick carpet between the fan and it's component heat sink. I don't know how I forgot to clean that before, but my computer no longer has a heat crisis when I play City of Heroes, so I'm going to call that fixed and reinstall all of my old high video programs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home