Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Deeply Wrong

I finally got around to putting Google Desktop back on my PC. I have a recurring love hate relationship with the product, but it's gotten a lot better. I had one problem though. The weather widget thought I was in Houston, and was essentially impossible to correct. I have no idea why it thought I was there, I never told it I was, I assume some background hoodoo on my machine causes it to think it is.

So I got rid of that, and got another different weather widget, which was easily updated, and is now displaying the local conditions. This is all well and good, but it's also horribly horribly wrong.

My computer table is situated against the wall which faces the street. The same wall which has a large window that I keep open and essentially all the time. I can tell the weather by flicking my eyes 10 degrees left. I don't even have to turn my head.

Technology has deeply broken us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home