Wednesday, November 02, 2005

85%

It's said that we only use 15% of our brains. If you have another number for that don't bother telling me, it's not important and I've heard everything from 5 to 25 as the %. It's not relevent to this story anyway

Anyway, I've figured out what the other 85% of my brain is doing, It's putting on a show. If you were trapped in someone's psyche without it ever interacting with you I bet you'd get bored too.

But Max, what the hell are you talking about? and why would such an insane idea come to you?

Well, from time to time an entire scene will just sort of pop into my head. There's no real sense of continuity between the various ones, and they're not even always related to my life. Or to anything at all. Once it was entirely in spanish, and when it first played out I fully understood it, but when I tried to reassemble it I couldn't remember the spanish words. This one went through my head a few minutes ago as I was walking down the hall. I think august is confused as to why I suddenly started laughing to myself, but she didn't ask any questions, which is good because even though this is happening to me I think it sounds crazy.

Anyway, the scene:

The setting is a conference room after hours. Someone has tried to make it look like a dark conspiratorial meeting place but failed in a mildly humerous way. Lighting is dim. A group of figures most of which are dressed in buisness casual clothing as well as one whose dressed in conspiratorial black robes and seems miffed that the others aren't are standing around a long oblong.

Person #1: He has to be killed
Person #2: agreed, but how
Robed figure: I like poison, its the least messy way to kill someone.
Person #1:Sounds good, but how will we get the poison to him?
Person #7: (Looking over a clipboard) he gets a sub every thursday.
Robed figure: (cutting off person #7 and speaking in an emperor palpatine dark conspirator voice) Yesss, Tuuuna. Lettuce, mayo and onions.
Person #5: and never tomatos, he hates tomatos.
Person #1: Very well then, we poison the sub. No Tomatos, No mercy!

End Scene

This one is vaguely based on my life in that I do usually get a sub on thursday (I have an extra long gap between classes on thursday) and I hate tomatos. However I don't think there's a group of novice conspirators planning to kill me. I also get meatball half the time, so poisoned tuna wouldn't necessarily work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home