Wednesday, January 11, 2006

+2 Intimidate -2 Charisma

My usual attire these days consists of one of my numerous witty/nerdy shirts, jeans, and my tech vest. It's not usually cold enough to warrant a full coat (I love my coat when I'm outside, but once I go inside it's murder) Today it was cold enough, and I noticed something. I'm scarier when I'm wearing the coat. I used to stalk around bellaire at night during the winter wearing my trenchcoat, both because I found the act great as a form of meditation, but also because every now and then one of the upper middle class Bellaire people would see a six and half foot tall person in a black trenchcoat walking around and freak out.

Yeah, I know that's mean but it didn't happen very often and it was hilarious.

While I do still do most of my medative musings while walking I usually do so in jeans and T-shirt, or more recently jeans and a vest and a T-shirt.

This morning when I was walking to Hebrew I noticed that everyone who fits the image of "college bound progeny of upper middle class white people" had a similarly evasive reaction. Also a good 50% of everyone in the "small female people" group.

I must admit I found the reactions a lot more interesting when I was violating the sanctuary of people who were Authority Figures. When it's my peers it's not that amusing.

However! I have realized that I will have recompense after all. When short Asian girl clips my eye with her umbrella I'm going to follow her around as a 6'4" one eyed ebon monster. Until it heals, and so help her if it's permanent damage.

P.S. Anyone who thought "+2 intimidate -2 charisma would only be a net bonus of +1 to intimidate" after reading the title of this post is a nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home