Friday, January 27, 2006

Virtuoso

I was just workin on math and listening to my playlist of the New Japan Philharmonic playing various old school video game theme songs. It reached a point in what's known as the "Smash brothers medley" where it cuts into the song Big Blue, from F-Zero. I've always liked that song, and I find that I like every form of it as well. I've zipped down 6-10 while my CD of The Minibosses jammed it out on electric guitar, and I like this version of it which involves some form of horn and a team of violinists.

What got me is that I was thinking about the way it was played, and I found myself mimicking the violin motion, which I found I did with suprising competence. I haven't played violin in... Almost 10 years now, but I found that I could still hear the notes and think of it as being E with 3 fingers, then A, etc. What's most bizarre about this is that I doubt I could have competently done that when I was still playing the instrument. If I can find a cheap one and I can get general education credit for it I may take a refresher course one of these quarters, but I've already got my term planned out until winter quarter next year so It's a very horizon thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home