Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hehehe

Something hilarious just dawned on me.

You see I have a habit of pre-scripting myself. My mind tends to wander and one of the things it does while wandering is setting up amusing lines and phrases of various sort. When those are worth while I keep them in my internal readiness slots. It general works.

I'm also prone to ranting. Going on a long tirade about a single subject, saying meaningful things for 5 minutes but talking for another 10. However I usually realize I'm ranting shortly after it's too late.

I have a solution

Next time I'm ranting, and I've realized it, and I'm to far gone to make solid conclusion I'm going to finish that sentence and then say "And you know what else? Live from new York, It's Saturday night!"

Then just walk away.

If they get it that means I've found someone with a near supernatural tolerance for absurdity, and I've salvaged the rant. If they don't then nuts to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home