Saturday, March 18, 2006

Damn....

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, hfsinfo wrote:

Dear Student,

A new resident has been assigned to your room for spring quarter. Please clear any areas of your room that the new resident may expect to occupy in order to create a welcoming environment. HFS staff will enter rooms during Spring Break to ensure that adequate space is available for the new occupant.

From: Maximilian Coale Willson
To:
hfsinfo
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: New Roommate For Spring Quarter

I'm almost certain I upgraded to a super-triple earlier. while it's still quite possible to clear out the room I'd prefer not to. I'd also like to make sure I'm not paying for the super triple if I'm not getting it's more super aspects.

-Max Willson


Dear Max,

I spoke with the Terry Desk Supervisor, and she said that she does not have any record of you and your roommate requesting a super-triple. You are currently being charged the triple room rate, not the super-triple rate, so you are not paying for anything super that you aren't getting. Unfortunately we will not be able to re-assign your new roommate in order to allow you to super-size your room at this time. However, if you are really not looking forward to having another roommate, you are welcome to request a transfer to a double room. Room changes may be requested through the room change request form on the Resident Access website at https://hfs.washington.edu/resident_access/ .

That's the end of the e-mail exchange we had. I have no intent of switching out rooms because of the sheer hassle of the process combined with the potential of the result to be nill. This is a bad thing though. In order to fully understand this you need to know that while Conrad and I get along, we're both people who would be happier in a single. We're both people who need our own space, so to speak. Eric was okay primarily because he went back and forth from asleep to playing WoW at a level of addiction that put mine to shame, so he wasn't much of an obstruction. But in the days since his absence we've both grown used to the extra space. I lament the loss of my shelf (erics bed) and the loss of my pantry (eric's closet), but I have no idea how conrad is going to cope. He's taken over the entire extra desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home