Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm never going to live this down.

Sticking with the Max Can't Sleep principle I've resorted to alternate tactics. I can't say for sure what this technique is called, but I know it as theta brainwave meditation. It's a more effective form of sleep, but it's hard to attain that meditational state without just falling asleep. My current gradually improving condition provided a sort of training wheel which allowed me to get 6 hours of ultra sleep last night, after which I wasn't tired.

I really need to master that trick.

So I'm laying in bed musing in the early morning when I hear a noise at the door. After a few seconds it becomes clear that this is a human screwing with my door, not just the wind, so I roll from my casual musing lying down pose into my crouched and ready knife drawn but still concealed behind the pivacy screen pose.

I may have a bit of a paranoia problem.

After about 18 seconds of whoever it was screwing with the door they leave. They never opened the door, they just did something, then left. At around 8 when I got up I discovered that the door was locked, as though someone had locked it from the outside with keys. I don't think Conrad did, and I know I didn't.

This is going to sound bad, but on certain very rare occasions I've been known to leave my keys in the door. It only happens when I'm extremely distracted, but that 's a great one phrase description of yesterday. I really heavily doubt that it happened because I would've seen them in the door in the various times I went through the door in the 12 hours between the last time I unlocked the door, and the time of the incident. I doubt it but it's possible.

Well now it's 8:30 and I can't find my keys. I've never lost my keys before, and they're probably around here somewhere, but nonetheless I can't find them.

So this is the horrible possible combination. What if I left my keys in the door, then during the night/day border period someone came by, locked my door, and stole my keys. Think about that. I left my keys in my door, then someone stole them. I'm not saying it happened, I'm saying it's possible, and if it did happen, I'll never live it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home