Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Second verse same as the first.

A point charge q = -5 µC is surrounded by two thick, conducting spherical shells of inner and outer radii a1 = 0.3 m, a2 = 0.4 m, a3 = 0.7 m, and a4 = 0.8 m respectively. The inner shell is uncharged; the outer shell has a net charge Q = -10 µC. At this point in the problem, the potential at infinity is unspecified. Do not assume it is zero.

Question C) V(a2)-V(a3)

I entered. 48170. It was wrong. I didn't understand why, but I had 2 other sub-sections of this problem to deal with first so I decided to come back to it. In the middle of a plan which is destined for failure which involves doing the field voltage integration for every one of these problems something occured to me.

-48170

Correct.

I really should just enter every awnser in 4 or 5 diffrent nearly identical forms every time. Most of the mistakes I've made on this are gramatical, not scientific.

Also as a quick side note, I'm really tempted to assume that V(infinity) is 0, I've even got a mathmatical basis for the assumption, but the question says in bold type not to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home